Lasagna Stuffed Squash
Now that our family is eating clean, I'm always on the search for creative and yummy new recipes.
Every Sunday I sit down and meal plan and post dinners on a whiteboard (check out my blog seriese on meal prep and planning for some helpful videos and tips).
The family has been looking forward to dinner tonight. In fact the kids come home from school and the first thing they do is check out our whiteboard instead of asking 'what's for dinner?'. I have to admit I was equally excited. Best part about dinner - it was super easy, clean eating and delicious!!!
This is a definite repeat dinner, next time with the variation!!!
1-2 medium sized spaghetti squash
1 lb moose meat (or very lean beef)
1 small onion diced
1 can no salt diced tomatoes
1/2 c. cottage cheese (divided)
1/2 c. shredded marble cheese (divided)
Adapted from thekitchn.com website.
1) Slice squash in half, remove seeds with spoon, brush with EVOO and place flesh side down on cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 45 mins @ 400 degrees.
2) While squash is in oven, brown moose in a deep frying pan with 1-2 c. water (if beef, omit the water). When it is more than half way cooked, add the onion. Once the meat is no longer pink, add the tomatoes, oregano and pepper.
3) Once the squash is done, pull out of the oven, but leave the oven on. Flip the squash over, and using a fork, scrape the flesh out (leaving a little inside as a bowl) and add it to the meat mixture.
4) Add the cottage cheese to the empty squash (divide it between the amount of squash you have)
5) Add the meat mixture on top of the cottage cheese
6) Add the shredded cheese on top and sprinkle with parsley
7) Put back into the oven for 15-20 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Follow steps 1 and 2.
3) Once squash is done, pull out of the oven and leave the oven on. Flip the squash over and using a fork, scrape ALL of the flesh out and put it on the bottom of a square, greased baking pan.
4) Spread all the cottage cheese over the squash
5) Spread the meat mixture over the cottage cheese
6) Sprinkle with all of the shredded cheese and sprinkle with parsley
7) Put back into the oven for 15-20 mins or until the cheese is melted and bubbly