Oatmeal & Fruit Breakfast Bars
As soon as I saw this picture on Pinterest, I knew I had to recreate these, in a healthier format.
These were a breeze to make and wonderful to eat! Definetly a do-over for my family!
2 1/2 c. rolled oats
1/4 c. brown sugar/coconut sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 c. fresh blueberries (divided)
1 c. fresh strawberries (divided)
2 c. almond/cashew/coconut milk (plus extra - optional)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 large banana sliced
1/2 c. chocolate chips (optional)
1. In large mixing bowl, add oats, salt, sugar, powder, and 1/2 c. blueberries, strawberries & chocolate chips. Pour into 8x11 greased pan.
2. Sprinkle rest of blueberries, strawberries and chocolate chips over mixture, add sliced banana.
3. In a different bowl, mix milk, vanilla, egg. Pour over dry ingredients in pan.
4. If there are any dry areas, add a little extra milk.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 mins.
6. Cool and cut into squares, makes 12.